Bayside Drive Update
The Council took action at our May 9th Meeting to finally mitigate the traffic calming efforts on that stretch of Bayside Drive between Pacific Coast Highway and the Jamboree/Marine Ave. Intersection. Since there might be some confusion on what exactly was approved, let me take this opportunity to clarify:
1. Bayside drive will continue to be a four lane thoroughfare; two lanes in each direction.
2. The lanes, however will be narrower (a traffic calming measure).
3. There will be no change to the Harbor Island Drive / Bayside Drive intersection,.
4. Raised landscaped medians in addition to colored flat surfaced medians will be added between Harbor Island Drive and the Jamboree/Marine Ave. intersection.
5. Permanent Speed Track signs will be installed in each direction.
6. The pedestrian signal will be rehabilitated, and the crosswalk will be enhanced for high visibility.
7. A new sidewalk segment will be added on the East side of the street between the entrance to Promontory Point and the signaled pedestrian crossing.
8. Bike lanes will be enhanced and extended on both sides of the street.
9. Damaged sidewalk will be replaced.
10. The traffic signal at Jamboree/Marine Ave. will be rehabilitated.
Any questions? Please do not hesitate to give me a call (949/922-3594) or shoot me an e-mail (email@example.com).